Magnetic Testing involves the magnetisation of a component, followed by the application of ferromagnetic particles. The particles align along discontinuities in the surface, or shallow sub-surface discontinuities. This method is used to test welds, castings, and forgings for surface or subsurface defects; however it can only be used on ferromagnetic metals.
What are the responsibilities of a individual who is certified to Magnetic Level 2?
An individual certified to Magnetic Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to Magnetic Testing procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
Select the Magnetic Technique for the Test Method to be Used:
Define the limitations of Application of the Testing Method:
Translate NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into NDT instructions adapted to the actual working conditions;
• Set up and verify equipment settings • Perform and Supervise Tests; • Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures; • Prepare Magnetic Written Instructions • Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level 2; • Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level 2, and • Report the results of Magnetic Test
(CONTENTS OF THE MPT LEVEL IITRAINING)
Basics of magnetism
Magnetic particle test equipment
Mediums and their preparation
Standards and Specifications
Magnetic article application
Classification of discontinuties
Provides 100 hours practical classes on all methods in NDT and QC.(Saturday and Sunday special classes will be scheduled if the students demand)
Contact office for details
SSLC ,Higher Secondary/equivalent,VHSE,ITI,DIPLOMA OR Equivalent. 1.General 2.Specific examinations 3. Practical 4.Viva
1. All General Examination will be Objective Type Examinations .
2. Specific Examinations are Objective Exams based on a given reference specific Codes which will be allowed to refer during the examination time.
3. Practical Examinations are held in suitable specimens and record in the respective reports.
4. Viva is conducted as a part of practical examination.
Examinations are CONDUCTED IN BOTH ONLINE AND OFFLINE METHODS.
• For Course Fees kindly contact the office.
• A new batch will be starting in first week of each month.
• All students should bring scientific calculators to the class daily.
• Study materials will be provided in soft and hard copies to the candidates
• Vision certificate should be submitted during the time of Admission.
KOLKATA NDT EXCELLENE CENTRE -
ISO 9001-2015 Certified Organization & MSME Registered
NDT Training Institute and provide training and Certification Course on the NDT Methods on UT, RT, MT, PT and VT by highly professional ASNT NDT Level - III ,API 510 Authorized Pressure Vessel inspector, Senior Certified Welding inspector personnel and with updated instrumental facility.